2014/08/25

Top 5: Favorite Poems II

It's time for some more poetry! As you can see, this is the second post with some of my favorite poems. You can check out the first one here.
Auguries of Innocence - William Blake


To see the world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour

Read the rest here.
And Still I Rise - Maya Angelou


You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room

Just like moons and like suns
With the certainty of tides
Just like hopes springing high
Still I'll rise

Read the rest here.

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep - Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sun on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight
I am the soft star-shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there; I did not die
Annabel Lee - Edgar Allan Poe


It was many and many a year ago
In a kingdom by the sea
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of Annabel Lee
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me

I was a child and she was a child
In this kingdom by the sea
But we loved with a love that was more than love
I and my Annabel Lee
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me

Read the rest here.
Television - Roal Dahl


The most important thing we've learned
So far as children are concerned
Is never, NEVER, NEVER let
Them near your television set
Or better still, just don't install
The idiotic thing at all
In almost every house we've been
We've watched them gaping at the screen
They loll and slop and lounge about
And stare until their eyes pop out
(Last week in someone's place we saw
A dozen eyeballs on the floor)

Read the rest here.

I hope you're all having a great day!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig