2014/06/25

Beautiful Books: Classics to Collect

Not too long ago, I decided to start collecting classic works of literature. This was mostly in an effort to get inspired to read more classics, but also because there are just so many beautiful versions one can collect.

So today, I thought I would show you the ones I like the most, and would love to have on my shelves. Whoever says covers aren't important... they haven't seen these.
WORD CLOUD CLASSICS


These are the classics I am currently collecting, and I own around ten.

They are published by Canterbury Classics, and I really love the simplicity of them. They have a quite modern design, but my main reason for choosing to buy these is the fact that they're quite light in weight and are very durable (they are a sort of faux leather, they have sown spines, so you won't break them). 

I wanted to be able to carry them around, and they're a sort of mix between hardback and paperback which make them perfect for me.

I also love the color palettes, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the ENDPAPERS! The endpapers are all different and perfectly match the story of the book. If you ever see them in the store, check them out!


I have to admit, these images of the covers do not do them justice at all. So if you want to see some pictures of them, you can click here. They have embossing and many of them have shiny letters and all that jazz.

I must add, these are also quite cheap for classics, so that's a bonus.
CLOTHBOUND CLASSICS

These classics are published by Penguin. These are maybe some of the more popular ones to collect, I think. They are designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith and they are hardbacks.

I actually have "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens somewhere, but I've never read it. Very beautiful, and I think the design is just gorgeous.

PENGUIN ENGLISH LIBRARY

These are also by Penguin, and have really funky spines (which I like). The best thing about this series of classics, is that there are sooooooooo many of them, meaning you can probably get all the classics you want in the same series. That thought brings joy to a heart who loves matching things.

They are paperback books, so they're also easy to carry around, which is always a plus.

These are also on the cheaper side, which means you can get a couple without living on noodles for the rest of the month.

I really, really want to get some of these, but I first I feel like collecting more of the series I already have. Sooo pretty though.
BARNES & NOBLE COLLECTIBLE EDITIONS


These books make me want to cry. They're by Barnes & Noble and I just discovered them by seeing a picture on Tumblr. I've actually ordered a box set of these books, but it's not here yet.

I also already have "The Complete Sherlock Holmes" by Arthur Conan Doyle in this series, and it is beautiful.


These come in a mix between single standing novels and collected works (Like you can get Pride & Prejudice on it's own, but also Jane Austens Collected Works).

I love the spines of these, and how they look sort of old fashioned. A lot of them also have wonderful drawing and illustrations in them. 

The only downside to these is that they are on the pricier side and they have a tendency to be very heavy. Still worth it though, if you ask me.
VMC DESIGNER COLLECTION
These editions... I can't even. They're published by Virago Press Ltd, and they're in hardback.

The minute I saw them, I just thought: I HAVE TO HAVE THEM. I haven't bought any yet, but they are very, very high on my wish list. They're just so... they're just amazing.

There aren't that many of them as far as I've found, but the ones they've published look fantastic.
Us book lovers may often find our wallet a little empty, but we're never bored, are we? You could entertain yourself just by looking at your bookshelf with all these books.

Sigh.


SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig